Apple iPhone 12 • 64GB • Black
specs at a glance;
- Body: 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm, 164 g.
- Display: 6.1″ Retina XDR OLED, 1170 x 2532 px
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic chip
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 64GB, 128GB, 256GB of internal storage
- Rear camera: Dual 12MP camera:
- Video recording: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Front camera: Dual camera – 12MP; recording – 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps
- Battery: 2,815 mAh battery, 20W fast charging
Design and Build
The Apple iPhone 12 has an aluminium frame with a glass front and back made of Gorilla Glass. The phone is IP68 certified for water and dust resistance which means it can last up to 6m for 30 mins underwater. Black, White, Red, Green and Blue are the colour options you can choose from. The dimensions are 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm and weigh in at 164g.
The screen is a 6.1″ Retina XDR OLED of 1170 x 2532 px resolution and a pixel density of 460ppi with a typical brightness of 625 nits and 1200 nits at peak brightness. The screen is protected with scratch-resistant ceramic glass and oleophobic coating. Other display features include; HDR10, Dolby Vision support, wide colour gamut and True Tone.
User Interface and Performance
Apple iPhone 12 comes installed with iOS 14.1, upgradable to iOS 14.4. It is just as fast as the previous iOS thanks to the Apple A14 Bionic chip (5nm) – Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm) Apple CPU. It has a four-core Apple GPU which is good enough for solid gaming.
Storage options for the iPhone 12 are 64GB, 128GB and 256GB which is enough for the average user. There is still no dedicated card slot for storage expansion and at this point, I don’t think Apple will ever add one.
You may also buy;